Who should attend
This programme will benefit:
- Entrepreneurs and employees of waste management companies
- Employees of waste handling departments in business organisations, government departments and nonprofit organisations
- Planners dealing with designing and operating waste systems
- Sustainability (E&S/CSR) and Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) professionals
About the course
Globally, the waste management industry is increasingly moving towards a circular economy and managing waste innovatively to reduce negative impacts on public and environmental health. However, in Nigeria, there is a dearth of professional training programmes on sustainable and innovative waste management to facilitate the growth of the industry.
The ‘Leadership Programme for Sustainable Waste Management’ is a capacity-building programme that advances leadership development and trains young leaders on innovative and sustainable methods of waste collection, removal, processing, recycling and disposal. The certificate programme is also geared towards providing technical advice, business skills training, deepening the understanding of sustainability concepts. In all, the programme is geared towards improving the operational and financial viability of waste management businesses.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand key concepts and principles of sustainable waste management and what circular economy means for businesses in emerging and developing economies.
- Gain knowledge of relevant regulations/legislation, standard procedures, best practices, ethical and social aspects of waste management in Nigeria.
- Apply business and leadership skills to effectively manage finance, technology and human resources in waste management.
- Examine the complex nature of waste generation, treatment, disposal and monitoring within the value chain.
Professor Ogbechie has a first-class honours degree in mechanical engineering from Manchester University, an MBA from Manchester Business School and a PhD in Business Administration from Brunel Business School in the UK. He has vast experience in marketing, strategy and corporate governance deri...
Ijeoma Nwagwu, Ph.D. (Harvard Law), LL.M. (Harvard Law), B.L.(NLS, Abuja) earned her doctorate in Law (S.J.D) and Masters in Law (L.L.M) degrees from Harvard Law School and was awarded the Landon H. Gammon prize for academic excellence. After attending the Nigerian Law School, Ijeoma worked as l...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.