Who should attend
Senior and middle level executives in public and private sector industries and, multinational companies, who have leadership responsibilities or are in line for promotion to such positions, CEOs of family-owned business houses and consultants in the area of human resource management, administrators and executives in responsible positions may attend this programme.
About the course
Leadership excellence lies in understanding the significance of interdependence that exists between an organization and its dynamic socio-economic environment and formulating strategies to manage expectations of key stakeholders besides maintaining a competitive advantage. The competitive edge of this program is in its unique design, incorporating the best leadership theories and practices from all parts and of the world, with emphasis on Indian ethos, which is quintessential for emerging leaders in the contemporary world. This programme addresses the topic of leadership Excellence from a multidisciplinary perspective and provides an alternate approach for understanding leadership. The focus of the programme is on helping participants on a path of self-discovery in the area of leadership and providing practical tools that can make them more competent, more articulate, more creative, more inspirational and more credible.
- To explore leadership dimensions that are responsible, responsive, result and customer oriented, entrepreneurial, innovative & intuitive and, change and growth oriented.
- To learn the art of stimulating a positive work culture through leadership qualities and skills.
- To understand and appreciate; the pursuing of excellence, leading change, accommodating diversity, creating team spirit and coping with stress for increasing performance.
- To understand spiritual and emotional competence and their roles in shaping effective leadership.
- To explore strategies for empowering people at all levels to share leadership responsibilities.
The programme will be woven around the following themes:
- Exploring Leadership
- Exploring Excellence and Creative Excellence
- Leadership Communication
- Learning from Cross Cultural Leadership
- Intuitive, Innovative and Inclusive Leadership
- Socially Responsible Leadership
- Learning Leader
- Team Building
- Coping with Stress from Within
Pedagogy is an interactive mix of case studies of benchmark organizations, experience sharing, lectures, discussions, and group presentations, reflections on industrial experiments and real-life situations and screening of videos. It also includes competency tests for the participants to assess their personality dimensions. A subsequent counselling session helps them address weaknesses, if any. Most of the inputs are drawn from highly successful companies/ organisations as well as classical and contemporary writings on the subject.
Prof. Pragyan Rath is an Associate Professor in Business Ethics and Communication group of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). She did her Masters-in-Philosophy (M.Phil.) on the relation between poetry and paintings in the Critical Humanities department of the Central Institute of...
Apoorva Bharadwaj is an Associate Professor in the Business Ethics and Communication group of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC). A gold medallist in M.A. (English), she is UGC-NET and SET qualified. She has done her doctoral work in American fiction and has authored numerous arti...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.