Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
Today’s organizational leaders are one part manager, one part HR professional. This certificate program will teach professionals new to a leadership role how to elevate into a true leader instead of simply a manager. Find out what your leadership style is and how to develop the interpersonal skills needed to take charge. Knowing that will allow you to not only staff your team effectively, but manage it to its fullest potential as well, building a high-performance group.
These seven courses, developed by faculty at Cornell University, will equip you to manage your time, make clear, decisive decisions for the betterment of your organization, and communicate those decisions to upper management.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Know the difference between leadership and management and devise a strategy for overcoming new leadership challenges
- Create a strategy to create a high-functioning team
- Apply leverage points for enabling the team to take ownership for its own success and shift leadership role as the team assumes greater responsibility
- Assemble the different dimensions of interpersonal communications and apply them to difficult conversations
- Establish standards for productivity, processes, quality, conduct, and timeliness
- Set appropriate performance goals with individual employees and create an effective system of accountability
- Determine current workforce needs with an eye to future changes and skills that might be needed
- Develop a hiring plan that maximizes your likelihood of a good hire and communicate effectively with job candidates
- Create a workplace atmosphere that reduces the occurrence of behavior issues and learn how to resolve issues as they arise
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Leadership Essentials Certificate from Cornell ILR School
- 56 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- 39 Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward PMI recertification
- 36 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification
Who should attend
- New managers
- Professionals looking to move into a management role