Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Managers and Executives of business organization.
About the course
Organizations are constituted of people. Among the various components of an organization, it is the people factor that remains constant across various types of organizations. When an individual performer gets promoted to be a first time manager, the person faces many challenges. These challenges relate to skill requirements, time applications, and work values. They have to unlearn to deliver through their own knowledge and experience and learn the skill to deliver through others under him/her.
This programme will concentrate on enhancing people management skills across a range of competencies for first-time managers. The learning focus will be leveraging human capital.
- Exploring the role of managers
- Concept of human capital – being aware of strengths of different individuals, managing interpersonal relationships
- Building and maintaining relationships with others
- Executive decision making
- Appreciation of diversity and working without barriers
- Leadership challenges
- Understanding skills, capabilities, strengths and work values of self and others
- Decision making: frameworks and biases
- Art of persuasion and influence
- Developing teams and creating synergy
- Managing conflict
- Leadership: frameworks and personal style
- Performance coaching and art of giving constructive feedback
- Managing time – for strategizing, planning and implementing business decisions as well as for mentoring, hand-holding, appraising the juniors
- Understanding and managing workplace emotions
Dr. Kajari Mukherjee is Associate Professor in Indian Institute of Management Indore. Her area of research is Organisation Design using paradigm of Complexity Theory, issues in Human Resources Management, with focus on family business and Corporate Social Responsibility in emerging countries. Her...