Who should attend
Leaders interested in developing superior leadership and communication skills to achieve greater success at all levels of their organization.
About the course
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Apply breakthrough leadership and communication techniques to drive business value and become more powerful leaders.
- Implement best practices for influencing peers, managers, subordinates, customers and other stakeholders.
- Effectively handle challenges such delivering unpopular news and increasing team motivation
- Communicate confidently in any environment, from spontaneous “elevator pitches” to high stakes reports and proposals.
- Deliver powerful messages that win hearts and minds and lead rapidly to action.
## Course Outline
Preparing and Organizing Thoughts and Messages
- Organizing Ideas through Mind Mapping
- Knowing Your Message’s Desired Outcomes
- Tailoring a Message for Your Intended Audience
- Picking the Right Channels for Communicating Your Message
- The Power of the Senses
Earning Credibility as a Leader
- Identifying the Characteristics of a Credible Leader
- Demonstrating Caring, Character and Competence in Challenging Situations
- Establishing Your Credibility Firmly
- Persuading, Negotiating and Influencing Skills
Winning Hearts and Minds of People
- Creating a Logical Train of Thought to Persuade
- Creating a Persuasive Message that Evokes the Right Emotions
- Reframing a Message from Negative to Positive and from Subjective to Objective
- Adjusting Your Message to Accommodate the Audience’s Needs, Wants and Style
Building Consensus, Commitment and Cooperation
- Crafting Messages to Drive or Champion Change
- Identifying Techniques for Building Consensus
- Describing How to Secure Commitment and Cooperation through Change Initiatives
Getting Results in the Face of Resistance
Managing and Handling Resistance
Effective Conflict Resolution Styles for Handling Resistance
The Importance of Emotional Control when Facing Resistance
Trends and Strategies for the Effective Leader and Communicator
- From Social Media to Relationship Management
- Optimizing Social Networks such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook for Higher Visibility
- Effective Communication and Networking on the Web
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.