Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Asper School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
As companies seek to gain a competitive edge in today's changing business environment, they are looking to coaching tools to help leaders be more adaptable, effective and succeed in achieving their goals. Adopting a coaching mindset can facilitate stronger relationships and create teams that feel more engaged, empowered and inspired to forward action.
Why This Program?
You'll learn how coaching can be applied as a powerful leadership tool – and bring back with the skills to apply the coach-approach in your workplace immediately. This course is a development program focused on enhancing the coaching, communication and feedback, and change leadership skills with people at all levels. These are the skills used in everyday communications with staff, colleagues, customers, and any personal communication. Through this program, you will:
- Discover coaching as a learning tool to facilitate thinking, creativity and problem solving
- Develop a coaching mindset
- Distinguish between coaching for “development” and managing for “performance”
- Build trusting relationships
- Create the conditions for coaching
- Develop foundational coaching skills (Intentional Listening and Questioning)
- Learn and apply the 5-Step GUIDE Coaching® Model
- Develop enhanced feedback skills (Intentional Language, Developmental Feedback and Acknowledging Feedback)
- Apply the DIRECT Feedback™ Model (Performance Feedback)
- Gain awareness of workplace styles Apply the coach-approach to managing change and transition in the workplace
Who should attend
This program is ideal for managers or executives who are in a leadership position and want to bring coaching as an effective developmental tool into their workplace.
Trust the experts
Shana Ring, President of Destination Leadership and founder of Developing a Coaching Mindset in the Workplace – a leadership program focused on enhancing coaching, communication and change skills of leaders at all levels in today’s workplace. Shana specializes in the area of developing coaching c...