Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Domestic and international students enrolled in or graduated from a MA in TESOL, MA in TFL, or MA in IEM programs, BA in language
- Language program administrators
- Language teachers who have at least 5 years of language teaching experience
About the course
This program is designed to train language professionals to develop, manage, and evaluate language programs. The four online courses introduce aspects of curriculum development, program evaluation and assessment, administration and operations, as well as teacher development and supervision.
Objectives and Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the LPM Certificate Program, students will be able to demonstrate professional level competencies to: * Strategically plan and administer program operations and resources, marketing and recruitment, and student admissions. * Plan, design, and evaluate a language program curriculum. Assess and manage curriculum development costs, risks, and change, and ensure stakeholders’ engagement in the curriculum reform. * Effectively supervise and evaluate teachers’ performance and promote their professional development * Understand and ensure effective classroom-based assessment and program evaluation that promote quality instruction. Manage program accreditation to improve the quality of language teaching and administration through accepted standards.
- 4 months to complete
- Fully online
- Final course assignment: Case study
- 4 Required Courses
Certificate Course Schedule:
- Language Program Administration (5 weeks)
- Curriculum Development - (5 weeks)
- Teacher Supervision - (3 weeks)
- Accreditation - (3 weeks)
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.