Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ILR School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Understand the National Labor Relations Act and its practical impact on the workplace. This workshop is for lawyers and non-lawyers alike and gives participants an opportunity to understand a host of legal principles and consideration, including assssing unfair labor practice and the rules regarding union organizing, collective bargaining and day-to-day operations.
This workshop covers:
- The basic concepts of the NLRA
- Negotiation obligations and parameters
- An overview of the representation election process
- A legal framework for developing practical and effective solutions for handling labor problems
Legal rights and limitations for companies and unions
- Identifying and avoiding "unfair labor practices"
- The legality of employee participation and self-directed work teams
- Employee activities that are protected by law
The "duty to bargain"
- An employer's bargaining obligations
- Parameters for communicating with employees
- The obligation to provide information
- The election process and how it works
- Establishing the appropriate bargaining unit
- The employer's rights and obligations during a union organizing campaign
The legal and practical issues during union elections
- Latest developments under the NLRA
- Labor law implications of sales, acquisitions, and mergers
Who should attend
Labor relations, human resource, and operations professionals as well as attorneys who need a detailed overview of the National Labor Relations Act
Trust the experts
have worked many years as a labor-relations lawyer and I am a negotiator, administrator, problem-solver and teacher with a diverse portfolio. With a Harvard Law degree and more than 25 years experience, I can provide the highest quality negotiation, contract and workplace advice and assistance, a...
Donald W Savelson
Don Savelson is an optional service partner in the Labor & Employment Law Department. Don handles a wide variety of labor and employment matters including WARN, NLRA wage/hour, unemployment, ADA, FMLA, workers compensation, and occupational safety and health matters. He has represented clien...
Bruce R. Millman has more than 40 years of experience counseling private and public sector employers on business and personnel strategies. He works with employers on: Specialties: Labor/Employment issues in business restructuring Wage & Hour Law Union Negotiations, Arbitration and Labor R...