Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The practicum is designed for:
- Experienced coaches who wish to broaden their practice to working with groups
- Senior team leaders and experienced consultants with coaching skills who wish to deepen their understanding of groups and teams.
Programme participants are selected on their maturity, diversity and depth of experience, psychological sensitivity, and the sense of purpose that drives their work with leaders. We welcome participants from all corners of the world, from a range of sectors and with varying expertise.
About the course
KDVI’S SIGNATURE GROUP COACHING PRACTICUM IS A TRANSFORMATIONAL AND HIGHLY PRACTICAL PROGRAMME AIMED AT DEVELOPING CONFIDENCE AND SKILLS IN PSYCHODYNAMIC-SYSTEMIC GROUP COACHING.
This interactive and experiential 10-day programme comprises of 5 modules paced over 9 months, combining theory, technique, process, presence, live practise and supervision. Participants will receive a strong theoretical foundation and will be given opportunities to apply new skills and practise group coaching within a safe space.
Using yourself as an instrument, you will experience the power of group coaching to identify your role and style as a coach. You will have the opportunity to lead group coaching sessions with peers and practise group coaching in a company with support and supervision from an experienced KDVI coach.
Testimonials from KDVI coaches complete the journey by providing practical insights into executive group coaching in different contexts (team coaching, board, family business).
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Deepen understanding of KDVI’ psychodynamicsystemic group coaching methodology
- Develop ‘night vision’ to decipher group dynamics, traps and opportunities
- Experience group coaching sessions facilitated by KDVI coaches
- Practise group coaching with peers and within a company to apply a set of practical tools
- Analyse best practises and tricky coaching situations through real cases
- Connect and learn from a diverse group of peers and senior KDVI coaches
Add credibility to your group coaching practice through CCE accreditation - This is a Continuing Coach Education (CCE) programme. On completion, you will gain core competency credits and resource development credits. These can be used towards the renewal requirements of an ICF credential.
For organisational coaches and team leaders, group coaching can be used to foster cohesive high performing teams, promote a learning and feedback culture and transform yourself into a reflective and powerful agent of change.
The programme is designed around 5 modules. Each module provides a combination of learning, connecting and applying, so that you can develop and deepen your group coaching skills as well as learn from peers and experienced coaches. Throughout the programme, you will also engage in peer intervision, 1:1 supervision with your coach, reflective journaling, and a personal development plan to expand awareness and enhance your learning.
Module 1: Psychodynamic-Systemic Foundations & Self as Instrument
- Creating psychological safety
- Psychodynamic-system framework for group coaching
- Using self as instrument: Experience group coaching as a participant
- Identify your professional development needs for group coaching
Module 2: Managing Group Dynamics
- Overview of group coaching dynamics
- Experience group dynamics
- Explore group coaching styes and tools
- Design a group coaching session
Module 3: Group Coaching in Action
- Group coaching of peer group
- Experience group coaching with different tools
Module 4: How to Apply Group Coaching
- Explore coaching for team performance
- Planning the client journey from beginning to end
- Tricky coaching testimonials from experienced coaches
Application with real groups or teams
- Practice group coaching in an organisation and write up a case of the project and reflection paper
Module 5: Consolidation
- Sharing application experiences and cases
- Consolidate key learnings, takeaways and celebrating success
- Q&A with guest speaker
Manfred F. R. Kets de Vries is the Distinguished Clinical Professor of Leadership Development and Organisational Change and the Raoul de Vitry d'Avaucourt Chaired Professor of Leadership Development, Emeritus, at INSEAD. He brings a different view to the much-studied subjects of leadership and th...
Roger is a professor at INSEAD’s Singapore campus where he is Director of the Executive Masters in Consulting and Coaching for Change Program. In addition, he designs and teaches in both open and company specific programs, providing a focus on executive leadership, leading innovation, personal an...
Hanneke Frese is an executive coach to senior professionals and an independent consultant supporting global organizations with strategic Human Resources projects. In addition, Hanneke is active in the field of think tanks focusing on trends that shape the future of work and is a guest lecturer at...
Prof Dr Thomas Hellwig works as a researcher, teachers and programme director for INSEAD in the field of Organisational Behaviour. He is a trained physician with a doctorate in psychotherapy and an MBA from INSEAD. He is also a graduate of the Tavistock Institute for group relations (London). At...
Margot is an adjunct professor in leadership development and an experienced executive coach, helping senior leaders to grow professionally and personally in an international environment. Clients call her authentic, and her global experience provides her a deep understanding of different cultural ...
Alicia is a research associate at KDVi working on a number of research and instruments-related projects. She is also a researcher at INSEAD, a global MBA school in France, since 2005, working on a number of leadership-related projects. These include the design of leadership assessment tools, rese...
“Be the change you want to see in the world” (M. Gandhi) AMBITION Frank’s passion lies in contributing to the development and innovation potential of people, organisations and business by facilitating a successful journey to achieve personal and organisational growth. He prefers to do this thro...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.