Who should attend
This course is designed for all individuals who are involved with processing or certifying temporary (TDY) travel orders, claims for per diem travel, transportation allowances, and certain other allowances of Department of Defense (DoD) uniformed service members (including regular and reserve components) and all DoD civilian employees. It also includes uniformed members of the Public Health Service (PHS), National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and the United States Coast Guard (USCG). It is highly recommended for all approving officers, reviewing officials, supervisors, and anyone who travels two or more times on TDY in one year.
About the course
Participants will learn the current rules and regulations for temporary duty (TDY) travel for uniformed members, civilian employees, and other personnel traveling under orders from the Department of Defense (DoD). The rules for and use of the government travel card, per diem allowances, lodging, international travel, actual expense allowances for high cost areas, and more will be addressed.
- Determine the appropriate classification of travel and source of travel guidance for a given situation
- Apply the appropriate per diem rate to your travel scenario
- Make informed and appropriate choices for travel arrangements
- Identify what is required of travelers and accountable officials, and apply the authorization process to simple scenarios
Governing Criteria and Oversight Bodies
- Classifying Travel
- Federal Travel Guidance
- Geographical Considerations
- Calculating Per Diem
- Per Diem Considerations
Allowable Travel Expenses
- Travel Arrangements
- Travel Expenses That Are Allowable
Responsibilities of Accountable Officers and Travelers
- Travel Roles and Responsibilities
- Travel Reimbursement
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.