Who should attend
- Individuals temporarily displaced by the digital revolution
- Individuals looking to move into either a completely new area (e.g. from accounting to IT) or transition into a new and in-demand IT domain
- Socially responsible enterprises and government organisations looking to provide access to reskilling programs and initiatives to assist in career transition
- Enterprise and government organisations looking to address the future of work transition and proactively prepare for roles of the future.
About the course
Digital transformation is increasing the rate of human displacement in our society, creating ‘digital refugees’. This course takes a proactive approach to the new opportunities available in the future of work, and prepares individuals impacted by the digital revolution to re-enter the workforce or switch their career focus.
About this course
This course a collaboration between UTS and ITIC.
The course is held in a workshop format where individuals can be assessed and mapped to potential new information technology (IT) career pathways and technology skills which compliment prior learning, personal interests and personality type.
This mapping will assist the development of new learning pathways and planning to make an informed decision for IT career transition.
The course explains the changing IT job market, how digital transformation has, is and will, affect the IT workforce globally, and what we mean by the “future of work”.
The following content will be covered during the course:
- New and emerging technologies in high demand; technologies where companies and government have identified a looming skills shortage from 2020-2025.
- How artificial intelligence (AI), automation and robotics will affect IT and technology roles over the next 10 years
- What are the key technology stacks?; and how to develop new skills in these areas
- Tackling the recruitment process in an easy, step-by-step way
- Developing a job search strategy, including:
- The preparation of all essential artefacts & elements to secure your ideal job quickly
- Personal brand
- Professional resume
- LinkedIn profile and personal networking.
- An assessment of individual skills and profile and suitable career pathways
- An understanding of the new technology verticals and how current skills map to new opportunities
- A learning pathway mapped to your career pathway of choice
- An insight into the modern job search process.
With more than 20 years industry experience, Trevor Churchley is an IT Project Services, Flexible Project Workforce Solutions and IT Contract Recruitment Director, who has successfully placed and managed thousands of IT contractors and candidates to achieve both their short and long term career g...
Stephen is the Director of ITIC and highly experienced in the IT industry, having worked as technical lead on many technology refresh projects at Telstra, for large government and enterprise customers for more than 20 years. In addition to ITIC, Stephen is the director of two software automation...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.