Who should attend
This course is designed for those who need to understand ISO 14001; potential auditors; those implementing or working with the emergency medical services (EMS); and environmental health and safety professionals.
About the course
This online course It is designed to provide an understanding of ISO 14001:2015 requirements, the standard certification process, how to work within your certification body, and success factors for implementation. It typically takes eight hours to complete and can be done at your own pace over multiple sessions or as one session depending on your needs.
What You Will Learn
- How to interpret the meaning of context of the organization
- How to differentiate leadership responsibilities that can and cannot be delegated
- The application of the environmental policy requirements
- Roles and responsibilities of the organization for environmental performance
- How to distinguish risks and opportunities
- How to rate objectives with action plans
- Competency requirements application
- Current mechanisms for communication and awareness
- How to connect current operational controls to the EMS and environmental performance
- The use of key performance indicators with environmental performance
- The certification process and working with your certification body
How You Will Benefit
- Learn to apply ISO 14001 with an aim to enhance environmental performance
- Find opportunities for improvement and positive practices
- Increase bottom line for your business
- Understand how the management system connects to your business practices
- Improve information from the management system for use in management decisions
CONTEXT OF THE ORGANIZATION AND LEADERSHIP
- How to understand the organization
- The needs and expectations of interested parties
- The scope of the EMS
- Commitment and responsibility from top management
- How to address risk and opportunities
- Environmental aspects and impacts
- Compliance obligations
- Environmental objectives
EMS SUPPORT AND OPERATION
- Competence, awareness, and communication
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Monitoring, measurement, and analysis
- Internal audit
- Management review
- Nonconformity and corrective action
- Continual improvement
IMPLEMENTATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Key factors for success
- The certification process
- How to work with a certification body
Deann Desai is a project manager for Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. She is actively involved in ISO committees on a variety of topics. She provides implementation assistance and training to companies pursuing ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 50001. Desai has experience in energy mana...
Sandra Enciso is a project manager for Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. She provides technical assistance, training and assessment services for environmental, health, and safety management system programs, environmental regulatory compliance, and sustainability projects. Enciso als...
Holly Grell-Lawe is a Principal Research Associate and Project Manager with Energy & Sustainability Services at Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute, where she specializes in environmental, energy and sustainability management systems for industry and government. Lawe develops and p...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.