Who should attend
- Decision makers in the agriculture sector
- Professionals involved in agricultural development projects
- Professionals involved in implementing irrigation systems
- Professionals involved in the farming of small plots
- Consultants in the agriculture sector
- Financers of irrigation projects
About the course
Climate change has been recognised as one of the world’s largest challenges. As the first sector already suffering the consequences, agriculture must adapt. Israeli agriculture has been at the forefront in coping with the effects of climate change and has already adapted sustainable methods for irrigating arid and semi-arid areas. As a key player in the global agricultural landscape, the country benefits from a prosperous agricultural market founded on practical and cost-effective innovations and solutions, rather than natural resources. This course focusses on sustainable methods applied to achieve high yield and food security, while protecting water sources and mitigating land degradation and desertification.
- Water Resources Management in Arid and Semi-Arid Climates
- Soilless Technologies
- Irrigation as a response to changing conditions
- Open Field Irrigation Scheduling in Tropical and Arid Climates
- Choosing the Right Pressurized Irrigation System
- Irrigation System Design and Accessories
- Intensive Vegetable Production in Open Fields and Protected Structures
- Crop Fertilisation Plan Fertigation Application Equipment
- Drip Irrigation System Workshop
- Integrated Pest Management and Biological Pest Control
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.