Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Decision makers in the agriculture sector
- Professionals involved in agricultural development projects
- Professionals involved in implementing irrigation systems
- Professionals involved in the farming of small plots
- Consultants in the agriculture sector
- Financers of irrigation projects
About the course
Climate change has been identified as one of the world’s largest challenges. As the first sector to suffer its consequences, agriculture will have to adapt. Israeli agriculture has been anticipating the effects of climate change for decades and is impressively adapted for arid and semi-arid climates. As a key player in the global agricultural landscape, the country benefits from a prosperous agricultural market founded on practical and cost-effective innovations and solutions, rather than natural resources.
This course focusses on the sustainable methods applied to achieve high yields and food security, while protecting water sources and mitigating land degradation and desertification. Participants will meet experts in the field, producers, distributors and even innovators. This is an immersion course that takes participants to the heart of the "Israeli agricultural miracle".
- Agriculture in Times of Climate Change
- Water Resources Management in Arid and Semi-Arid Climates
- Irrigation as a response to changing conditions
- Open Field Irrigation Scheduling in Tropical and Arid Climates
- Choosing the Right Pressurised Irrigation System
- Irrigation System Design and Accessories
- Drip Irrigation System Workshop
- Intensive Open Field Crop Production in a Changing Climate
- Intensive Greenhouse Crop ProductionCrop Fertilisation Plan
- Fertigation Application Equipment
- Seed Bed Preparation for Intensive Crops
- Planting and Seeding Vegetables
- Integrated Pest Management and Biological Pest Control
- Project Management
Nabeel Gnayem worked for the Extension Service of the Ministry of Agriculture for 22 years, advising farmers in vegetable cultivation in outdoor fields and greenhouses. The main crops he deals with are strawberries, cucumbers, peppers and tomatoes. Mr. Gnayem’s research includes improving the cul...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.