Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is targeted at cybersecurity and ICT professionals (with cybersecurity knowledge) whose responsibilities involve securing and managing IoT and its related environment.
- Security managers, architects, consultants, engineers, administrators in managing IoT
- Enterprise architects with cybersecurity knowledge involved in the design of an IoT environment
- Software manager, architects, engineers with cybersecurity knowledge involved in the design, development, test and implementation of IoT devices
About the course
As Singapore progresses into a Smart Nation, Internet of Things (IoT) devices will be ubiquitous. Imagine a world where millions of devices are connected via NB-IoT, Sigfox and 5G - we eventually will be seeing, hearing and sensing information via the Internet and improve productivity and the quality of human life. With this, comes challenges with IoT & 5G security as the next frontier in Cybersecurity.
Smart City and Industry 4.0 Solutions are highly dependent on Internet of Thing (IoT) devices as the key source of data. To have good data integrity and quality at the IoT devices (at the source), the security of the IoT devices & 5G is a key consideration in its deployment.
This is a 3-day course where participants are expected to come with an appreciation for IoT and build the security aspect upon it. Through the use of a case study, we will apply risk analysis methodology to assess the risk and design security controls to protect the IoT solutions while ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the components that make up the IoT & 5G ecosystem (in the Smart Nation)
- Assess the risk at each component level
- Design security controls on each component
- Apply operational security practices
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover:
- IoT/5G and its application in Smart Nation
- IoT/5G security and risk management
- Design security controls in each component
- Securing IoT cloud & edge computing
- Securing IoT messaging protocol: MQTT, CoAP, AMQP, OSCORE
- Securing IoT physical device
- Securing IoT short range network: BLE, ZigBee
- Securing IoT long range network: NB-IoT, Sigfox, LoRa, 5G
- IoT/5G security and security by design: 5G use cases
Nicholas is currently an adjunct lecturer at the NUS Institute of System Science. Experienced in the mechanical engineering field, he specializes in state-of-the-art Industrial 4.0 technologies such as Cyber-Physical Systems (CPSs), Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) and ...
Educational Qualifications/Professional Certifications Master’s Degree in Business Administration, University of Melbourne Master’s Degree in Computer Science & Information Systems, National University of Singapore Bachelor of Applied Science (Computer Technology), Nanyang Technological Univ...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.