About the course
«Data Science and Machine Learning for Asset Management»
Explore the 4 MOOCs below on offer as part of the Investment Management with Python and Machine Learning Specialisation. We remind you that each one leads to a Certificate and can be taken independently.You will learn at your own pace and benefit from the expertise of global thought leaders from EDHEC Business School, Princeton University and the finance industry.
Explore the 4 MOOCs
INTRODUCTION TO PORTFOLIO CONSTRUCTION AND ANALYSIS WITH PYTHON
- Gain an intuitive understanding for the underlying theory behind Modern Portfolio Construction Techniques
- Utilize powerful Python optimization libraries to build scientifically and systematically diversified portfolios
- Write custom Python code to estimate risk and return parameters
- Build custom utilities in Python to test and compare portfolio strategies
ADVANCED PORTFOLIO CONSTRUCTION AND ANALYSIS WITH PYTHON
- Analyze style and factor exposures of portfolios
- Implement Black-Litterman portfolio construction analysis
- Implement robust estimates for the covariance matrix
- Implement a variety of robust portfolio construction models
PYTHON MACHINE-LEARNING FOR INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
- Learn the principles of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques to financial data sets
- Utilize powerful Python libraries to implement machine learning algorithms in case studies
- Understand the basis of logistical regression and ML algorithms for classifying variables into one of two outcomes
- Learn about factor models and regime switching models and their use in investment management
PYTHON MACHINE-LEARNING FOR INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT WITH ALTERNATIVE DATASETS
- Learn why alternative data could be useful in financial market applications,
- Utilizing various types of alternative data to identify behaviour, predict return and asses risks.
- Perform (alternative) data analysis using Python (and libraries), replicate relevant data analysis sections of seminal academic and practiocioner work.
- Gain an undeacrstanding of advanced data analytics methodologies, visualization and quantitative modeling applied to alternative data in finance
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.