Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is perfect for anyone who would like to start a business of career in the fashion world. It will give you insight into the many careers available within the fashion industry, so whether your goal is to be a manufacturer, buyer, designer or any of the other various careers that go on in fashion, there’s something for you.
About the course
Do you want to learn how to get into the fashion industry? This online course will give you an orientation to all the main stages of the fashion business, from branding and design, through garment manufacturing and the supply chain to the changing face of fashion marketing and retail, equipping you with an excellent industry overview.
You will look at where industry trends come from, how the high street and high end designers manufacture their product, how marketing and PR are crucial elements and the changing world of fashion retailing. In addition, you’ll explore fashion startups, brand USPs and the role of the fashion journalist.
Through weekly class discussions, set tasks and readings you will develop an understanding and awareness of the state of the industry today and what the future might hold for fashion. This practical course will encourage you to think outside the box and consider creative solutions to problems facing the fashion industry, such as ethical production and issues faced by emerging brands.
This course will give you insight into an industry that can often seem tough to crack, equipping you on your way towards your goals. Whether you dream of starting your own fashion business or of having a career at an established company in the fashion world, this online course is for you.
- History of the fashion industry
- How is fashion created, designed and developed?
- Who is the consumer? Changing consumer demand
- The changing world of fashion retailing
- Trend forecasting
- Buying, merchandising, and range planning
- Manufacturing methods and production issues
- The supply chain – sourcing and manufacturing
- Sustainability and ethical production
- Fashion marketing and branding
- Fashion communications - editorial styling, PR, and journalism
- A guide to fashion start ups
- High street and high-end production
- Careers and business opportunities available in the industry
- What you need to survive in the industry
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of;
- The roles within the fashion industry at each level
- What you need to successfully work in fashion
- Trend forecasting
- The fashion supply chain
- Fashion marketing and PR
A respected and highly successful premium and luxury Women’s and Men’s Retailer, currently Associate Lecturer at London College of Fashion. Career to date is a story of considerable commercial success, as seen in the transformation of the handbag department at a major department store from a prov...