Who should attend
This is an introductory "how-to" program for analysts, new managers, or anyone seeking hands-on familiarity with supply chain data fundamentals, analysis, and interpretation. Moderate level of proficiency in Excel preferred. Titles of participants have included:
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Director, North America Transportation
- Logistics Management Specialist
- Manager, Supply Chain Operation Process and Data Analytics
About the course
Learn functional analytic techniques to evaluate logistics and supply chain performance. Discover critical data interpretation methods and apply the information to improve logistics and supply chain performance. The course will focus on hands-on learning, and excel-based approaches for cleaning and analyzing data.
Improve your ability to effectively:
- Understand basic principles and techniques related to supply chain analytics
- Identify key areas of logistics and supply chain management for which data collection and analysis may be helpful to the achievement of broader logistics and supply chain objectives
- Determine the types of data and information that may best help you understand and profile activities and processes of interest across the functional areas of customer, product, inventory, transportation and supplier
- Meaningfully evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of logistics operations through understanding the functional metrics and analyses
- Detect and correct corrupt or inaccurate content in databases of interest
- Recognize contemporary and future advances in supply chain analytics
- Develop plans for improvement of logistics and supply chain activities
- Practice using Excel-based approaches to clean, analyze, and derive value from supply chain databases
Faculty leaders will have you take a global view of your organization where you will confront the external factors affecting the business and identify opportunities for innovation.
- Key principles of data analysis
- Analytics approaches and techniques
- Understanding customer, product, inventory, transportation, and supplier data of relevance to logistics and supply chain management
Tools & Techniques
- Strategies for data collection and aggregation
- Structuring key performance indicators
- Integrating results of functional analyses to better understand logistics and supply chain performance
- Developing improvement strategies based on data analysis
- Introduction to advanced approaches and techniques for supply chain analytics
- Analytics for descriptive, predictive, prescriptive, and cognitive purposes
- Detailed, hands-on analysis of supply chain databases
- Normalizing and data cleansing
- Aligning data processes with supply chain and organizational objectives
Value For You and Your Organization
What can big data do to help you make decisions? It can help you address a specific problem, inform of ways corporate initiatives can be impacted by supply chain management, or help you prioritize strategic initiatives based on a cost/benefit determination. Data analysis also lets you answer the question “What did I miss?;” thereby uncovering hidden gems within your systems that reveal competitive advantage or cost savings for your organization.
Senior Partner, Chain Connectors, Inc. Dr. Christopher D. Norek is Senior Partner and founding member of Chain Connectors, Inc., a supply chain consulting and software implementation firm. He has over 20 years of supply chain experience with a unique combination of consulting, industry and acade...
Supply Chain and Information Systems Group Faculty Penn State Dr. Langley is a former President of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals, and a recipient of the Council's Distinguished Service Award. In 2007 he was recognized by the American Society of Transportation and Logistic...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.