Introduction to Public Speaking
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Improving Communications.Full disclaimer.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN HOW YOU COMMUNICATE WITH OTHERS.
This is the chance for you to make a difference in how you communicate with others. Learn how to prepare for public speaking and use the power of the spoken word to move others. Through practice, speakers develop polish and finesse. As a result, their confidence builds. The focus is on how to organize ideas and communicate clearly, enabling participants to speak in a concise manner with conviction.
Master skills that are necessary in today’s competitive business environment. Learn to speak in a way that elevates you with increased confidence and enthusiasm.
Attendees Will Be Able To:
- Manage public-speaking fears;
- Increase self-esteem;
- Become better at thinking on feet;
- Discover and rid self-defeating habits;
- Connect with people, building professional network; and
- Share ideas, inspire others, and impress the audience.
- Develop skills and positive attitude necessary to be an effective public speaker;
- Increase self-confidence and establish strong rapport with the audience; and
- Master techniques to plan, create, and deliver successful and memorable speeches.
Format—Introduction to Public Speaking is an 8-hour class for up to 10 people.
Mastering Public Speaking (women’s Leadership)
Communication excellence is an essential leadership tool. As a leader ascends in their organization, they are required to speak in public more often as they shape the organization’s mission, vision, and values. Become a more persuasive and confident speaker who creates a powerful, emotional audience connection.
Public speaking is an opportunity and platform from which leaders are able to express their emotional intelligence and becomes a strategic position from which a leader can craft their own leadership narrative, as well as that of their organization. Learn how to examine your audience, implement rhetorical strategies, and deliver your message with effectiveness and confidence.
In this program, you will:
- Assess your strengths and areas of development as a public speaker.
- Examine your audience before crafting a speech.
- Be more persuasive/confident with different audiences (hostile, diverse, etc.).
- Implement rhetorical strategies that will create a powerful, emotional audience connection: storytelling, metaphors, rhetorical questions, repetition.
- Frame your speech with an effective organizational structure.
- Craft a persuasive introduction and conclusion.
- Develop and achieve a mindful, kinesthetic delivery.