Who should attend
- Directors, general managers, and other hospitality professionals responsible for improving the financial performance of their organizations
- Front desk managers, night auditors, and sales and marketing analysts who want to take on more responsibility for improving profitability in their property
- Those who aspire to hospitality management positions and need a strong foundation of revenue concepts
About the course
Revenue management is key to any business that has relatively fixed capacity, perishable inventory, and time-variable demand. This course introduces you to the basics of revenue management in the hotel industry: how to apply pricing and length-of-stay tools and how to measure your revenue management performance. It is designed to inspire you to shift your thinking about revenue management from a focus on occupancy and average room rate to a focus on revenue per available room (RevPAR).
This course teaches you how to accurately forecast guest arrivals at your hotel, examine pricing models in accordance with revenue management principles, and to manage overbooking. All of the techniques and practices discussed in this course are applicable to a variety of service management roles.
By completing this course you will have compiled detailed notes and recommendations for implementing revenue management at the organization where you work.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Discuss the strategic levers of hotel revenue management and how they can be manipulated to increase revenue
- Recommend ways in which revenue management can be applied to other hospitality-related industries
- Explain the role of forecasting hotel revenue management and create a forecast and measure its accuracy
- Recommend room rates and apply length-of-stay controls to your hotel, in part to manage overbooking
- Recommend approaches to making price more variable
- Develop a functional revenue management plan, from gathering baseline data to monitoring post-implementation results
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.