Who should attend
If you're already familiar with spreadsheet fundamentals and wish to learn the most sought after skills in Excel, this program is for you. You'll learn tips, tricks and shortcuts, and tap into the power of Excel to enhance day-to-day productivity and decision-making.
About the course
Most self-proclaimed Excel users actually use less than 10% of a spreadsheet’s analytical capability. Spreadsheets are tremendously powerful tools. With them, you can manipulate complex data to supply the information you need to make critical business decisions. This course will enhance your Excel skills by teaching you to use spreadsheets as a tool to model data and support your decision-making.
Introduction to Data Modeling using Excel is a certificate program and non-credit-bearing. There are no degree requirements for the program.
This course will provide you with expanded knowledge of the capabilities and power of Excel to enhance day-to-day productivity and decision-making. Take your Excel skill to the next level.
- Formulas and functions (sum, average, count)
- Logical and reference functions (if, lookups, index and match)
- Text functions for data cleaning (trim, left, right, find)
- Conditional formatting
- Basic data modeling (pivot tables, what if analysis)
- This course is recorded in Excel 2016. It is strongly recommended that participants use Excel 2016 for this course, as screens may vary slightly from version to version.
- This course is for PC users (Windows operating system). Mac users can participate, but screens may vary from what is seen in the course. It is recommended that Mac users run Windows virtually to ensure consistency.
- The program is delivered entirely online. To run the program, you are not required to download any additional software, beyond what is noted above.
You can complete this program at your own pace, anywhere and anytime, as long as you have a computer with access to the internet and a web browser. On the program start date, you'll receive access and must complete the program within 10 weeks.
The program consists of five modules that you must complete in sequence. Each module contains:
- Instructor-led videos and resources
- A practice assignment to reinforce the lesson
- A module quiz to ensure you understand the subject matter
You'll need to complete the practice assignment and module quiz with a score of 80% each to unlock the next module. The assignment and quizzes are meant to ensure you understand the content and can be retaken as many times as needed to achieve a passing score.
Upon completion, your certificate will be mailed via United States Postal Service for participants in the continental U.S. All others will be sent via United Parcel Service.
Education MS, Oswego State University BA, St. John Fisher College Cichocki teaches "Statistical Decisions in Management" and "Statistical Foundations in Analytics." She has given several presentations at both the state and national levels concerning incorporating technology into statistics, educ...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.