Who should attend
This course is intended for contracting personnel in the Federal Government and commercial sectors seeking to save time, reduce risk, and improve the quality of their contracts using agile practices. Individuals taking this class may hold positions with the following titles: contracting officer, contracting officer's representative, contract specialist, procurement analyst, and contract or leasing specialist, among others.
About the course
Agile approaches to IT procurement have become more common in Federal acquisition. With guidance from the TechFAR Handbook and the Digital Services Playbook, you will learn the strategies for applying Agile practices and how to execute them in your own IT procurements. Real-world scenarios will highlight best practices for Agile approaches throughout the IT acquisition lifecycle by saving time, reducing risk, and improving IT contract quality.
- Given an overview of agile fundamentals, explain the benefits of applying agile strategies to contracting
- Given realistic scenarios, determine best practices for using agile strategies in contracting
Agile Fundamentals for Contracting
- Agile Concepts
- Federal Guidance for Agile Acquisition
- Agile Project Contracting Strategies
Best Practices for Agile Acquisitions
- Developing the Agile Contract
- Executing the Agile Contract
- What's Ahead in Agile Contracting
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.