Who should attend
A true introduction to the practice, this course is ideally suited for professionals who are new to project management, and who are interested in more efficiently and effectively planning, overseeing, and executing projects in the workplace.
For more experienced project managers who want to enhance their knowledge and potentially prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam, Villanova University's College of Professional Studies also offers a PMP® Exam Preparation course.
About the course
A Practical "How-To" Course for Non-Project Managers
Aligned with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition, Intro to Project Management provides an overview of the basics of project management, including key terminology and skills.
Premium Quality Course Materials
Included in your course registration fees, you will receive The CertWise Essentials of Project Management program. This premium quality program consists of entirely digital learning materials and study tools.
Within the online system, you will receive:
- Online tutorial
- Reading materials
- Instructor slides
- Case study activities
- Discussion activities
- Journal entries to reflect on each module
- End of module self-assessments
- Quizzes to test understanding of key concepts
- Resource Center for additional videos, blogs, articles and more
- Reports to track progress and view instructor feedback
- Module 1 – Project Management: The Discipline and the Profession
- Module 2 – Planning and Balancing Project Work
- Module 3 – Executing, Controlling, and Closing the Project
- Module 4 – Strategic Value of Projects
Elena Bozylinski is the Assistant Director in the Project Management Office within Technology Services at Loyola University Maryland in Baltimore, Maryland. In this role, Elena is responsible for managing technology projects as well as coordinating the project change management process for both t...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.