Who should attend
This course is designed for managers, supervisors, operations managers, plant managers, and plant engineers with new responsibilities or new managers and those ready to move into a management role.
About the course
The Intro to Composites course covers the basic materials used to make composites, how composites are processed, and the applications of composites in various markets.
What You Will Learn
- Types of engineering materials used in manufacturing
- A composite
- A matrix
- The difference between thermoset and thermoplastic matrices
- A reinforcement and reinforcement forms
- The pros and cons of composites
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the basic materials used to make composites.
- Discover how composites are processed.
- Apply composites in various markets.
- Distinguish between different composite processing methods.
- Describe how composites are used in product fabrication.
Timothy Israel is group manager for Lean Enterprise and Quality Services at the Georgia Institute of Technology Enterprise Innovation Institute. He and his 15-person staff work with companies and organizations to reduce waste and improve manufacturing operations by implementing continuous improve...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.