Manage contracts and relationships in complex construction projects
The TIAS program International Contracting is a specialist program which enable you to play a pivotal role in your organizations international contract management. The program guides you through every step of the contract cycle. You gain a firm understanding of the growing international dimension and related legal, commercial and cultural differences amongst contract parties. After completion you will be able to expertly handle increases in contract size, complexity and differing stakeholder involvements
This unique, high intensity program, tailor-made program is available for professionals working in contract management, and has real value for complete tender teams. The team learns the same way of working and will be better prepared for contract preparation or negotiation.
Why you choose the TIAS International Contracting Program
- A program which covers the complete contract management cycle (tendering to project execution).
- #1 business school in the Netherlands: #1 Company Specific Programs in the Netherlands (FT rankings)
- The program puts theory into practice; you work on the issues and challenges of your company
Clients increasingly negotiate for integrated contracts with their contractors which results in a shift of the project- and contractual risk towards contractors. Complex projects are exacerbated by complex contract discussions which leads to project delays and claims on contractors.
Because the relationships between companies and contractors have changed dramatically the last years TIAS organizes the program International Contracting. To help professions or tender teams to maximize their knowledge of the contract mechanics required to support the organizations contract strategy.
The program focuses on familiarizing you with the contract management cycle and the interdependencies of the various stakeholders. At the end of this course you will have mastered the complexities and critical success factors involved in this highly specialized field.
After completion of the program, you are able to:
- prepare for tender and how to decide about the right tender strategy;
- effectively arrange for the pre-contractual stage through a Letter of Intent or Memorandum of Understanding;
- assess different contract types such as C/D&B/EPC/DBFM and how to use different international contract standards (such as LOGIC/FIDIC/BIMCO);
- arrange for contract variations;
- engage and align subcontractors and suppliers;
- solve severe materials and supplier problems during project execution;
- prevent a deal with claims and how to resolve disputes.
Let your complete tender team participate
TIAS encourages complete tender teams to participate. This will teach the team the same way of working. The team will be better prepared for contract preparation and negotiation. Risks will be rethought better. And the team will learn to think in opportunities.
Who should attend
Participants have a range of professional backgrounds including:
- project coordinators, managers and directors
- construction & area managers
- senior field managers
- tender & commercial coordinators and managers
- (sub)contract coordinators and managers
- purchase, finance and procurement managers
Specifically this course is aimed at professionals from the offshore, engineering and construction industries.
This program is aimed at all internal stakeholders that have a direct or indirect impact on a project’s success (including HR, Finance, Support, and Board-level stakeholders). You will have a university or higher vocational degree and a minimum of 2 years of work experience.