Who should attend
This course is designed for Level II or III CORs who are seeking refresher training while at the same time satisfying their 40 continuous learning points requirement.
About the course
Experienced contracting officer's representatives (COR) know that projects can present a variety of challenges and responsibilities. This course will provide refresher training and an update on contracting principles that can build a strong foundation for future contracting work. You will be faced with various, relevant simulations to test your critical thinking abilities.
- Discuss the purpose, process, and the role and responsibilities of the COR as a member of the market research team
- Identify the role and responsibilities of the COR related to the development of the solicitation
- Define best value and discuss the processes to achieve it
- Identify COR responsibilities and activities for the postaward orientation and development of the COR Work Plan
- Discuss the government's method of assuring quality through inspection and the COR's role
- Explain the COR’s role and responsibilities in reviewing contractor invoices and recommending payment
- Explain the COR's role in addressing contract remedies for different situations
- Explain the role of the COR in evaluating a contractor's performance and contract closeout
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.