Who should attend
This intermediate-level course is for federal acquisition and contracting personnel and others involved in the acquisition process who need to know how the U.S. government is shifting its approach to the use of more adaptive procurement procedures and policies to support project completion by modular development methodologies.
About the course
Acquisition specialists are shifting their mindsets to meet project management mandates set by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP) for implementing Agile information technology (IT) projects. As the government moves toward a more adaptive acquisition framework, you must employ Agile-based project management approaches to accomplish the acquisition strategy. You will learn how to use flexible acquisition techniques that align with less rigid procurement policies and procedures through scenario-based exercises.
- Describe Agile concepts and methodologies in the Federal acquisition environment
- Determine the acquisition and pricing strategies and techniques appropriate for Agile projects and programs
- Apply quality-focused acquisition methodologies in Agile projects and programs
- Determine the most effective methods to use when simplifying deliverables, choosing an acquisition vehicle, or meeting reporting and compliance requirements
Federal Agile Marketplace
- Modular Development
- Agile Marketplace and Market Research
Federal Acquisition and Pricing Strategies for Modular Development
- Pricing Strategies and Techniques for Agile
- Effective Acquisition Strategies for Agile
Quality-Focused Acquisitions for Agile Projects
- Agile Acquisitions versus Traditional Acquisitions
- Agile Quality Assurance and Testing
- Supporting the Agile Operations and Maintenance Environments
Existing Acquisition Vehicles
- Deliverables Simplified
- Choosing an Acquisition Vehicle
- Reporting and Compliance Requirements
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.