Who should attend
- Managers and leaders of teams, organizations, and business units
- Diversity, equity and inclusion specialists
- HR business partners and HR managers looking for strategies to leverage the strengths and points-of-view of a diverse workforce
About the course
Currently five generations are engaging in the workplace with differences in understanding of terms, ideals, work ethic, and values. Leading and building a multi-generational team will be a necessary tool for the changing tapestry of our newly evolving borderless workplace. This interactive workshop explores the dynamics and strategies of leading and building this diverse workforce by leveraging differences, finding common ground and celebrating the strengths of a multi-generational team.
Ready or not, the Internet Generation is here with a new approach to life, learning, and leadership. They are working with, and sometimes, leading people who see the world completely differently. This workshop will help you explore these differences, practice empathy, and embrace a new viewpoint while strengthening your approach and capacity to influence and lead effectively.
- Generational Theory and how its effects todays workplace
- A strength-based approach to building a multi-generational team
- The importance of defining moments within a given generation
- Events that shaped, Tradionalists, Boomers, Generation Xers, Millennial, I-geners
- How core values and work ethic are expressed generationally
- The importance of using CORE (Collaboration, Objectives, Raising Up, Empowering) to help develop your leadership capacity
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- See their team through the lens of generational theory (which can increase empathy)
- Leverage and build on the strengths of a multi-generational team
- Examine the core values and work ethics of differing generations
- Develop capacity to effectively lead a multi-generational team
Dr. Jeremy Graves has over 25 years of proven leadership experience both within the non-profit, business, and academic communities. This (what he calls trifecta) of experience helps him take theory from the classroom and apply it everyday life. He has served in several different leadership capaci...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.