Who should attend
- Employees looking to move into leadership positions, no matter the size of the organization
- Mid- to senior-level leaders and managers who want to use emotional intelligence to create a more diverse and effective team environment
About the course
This class will cover multiple topics on the nature of social systems. This includes individual, group, and organization level of analysis. These topics are frameworks that you can use to understand activities of managers and other leaders in organizations. The objective of the class is to provide you with theoretical frameworks and a common vocabulary to understand and interpret things that happen in organizations.
Research shows that effective leaders are those who are in tune with their environment and who consistently act in ways that promote a particular point of view. The actions of leaders, however, are not made up of grand visions and speeches (although these can help). Instead, the actions of leaders tend to be smaller but impactful, they tend to be clear in their intent, and they form a part of a larger vision of the organization’s future.
In this course, you will:
- Learn how to leverage organizations by understanding them as social systems embedded in particular historical and industry contexts
- Learn how to lead through self-development by gathering knowledge about personal strengths and styles and their fit with different situations
- Learn how to value others and understand how valuing others is critical for personal and organizational success
Return on education:
- Employer benefits:
- Gain strategies for effectively leading and inspiring your team or company
- Lead with clear intent and utilize your company’s values to motivate teams
- Reach company and team goals through collaboration and leveraging employee differences
- Create a more positive environment for all employees
- Employee benefits:
- Build your interpersonal and communications skills to be a more effective leader
- Develop and sustain a diverse and motivated environment among coworkers and leaders
- Recognize how differences within teams is essential for better business opportunities
- Identify the value systems within your team to foster growth
Dr. Abe is the David Eccles School of Business Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative Director and Professor (Lecturer) of Organizational Behavior in the Department of Entrepreneurship and Strategy. Along with his academic qualifications, he has more than 35 years of management and leadership experience ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.