Insead Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with INSEAD Business School.Full disclaimer.
Since 2007, the year when INSEAD organised its first annual Healthcare Compliance Leadership Programme, the legal and regulatory environment for healthcare companies has become increasingly stringent around the globe, with the reputational, financial and organisational risks of non-compliance reaching new heights. This has raised the demand for compliance officers who command a high level of professional competence across many diverse and complex domains.
Responding to this challenge, INSEAD, together with senior compliance officers of global healthcare companies and healthcare industry professional associations, has created a comprehensive multi-modular curriculum for compliance and legal professionals working in the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries.
As part of this new curriculum, INSEAD offers three complementary modules focused on the design, management and enhancement of effective compliance programmes:
- INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership I: Designing the Effective Compliance Programme
- INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership II: Managing and Enhancing the Effective Compliance Programme
- INSEAD Advanced Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme
The comprehensive multi-modular curriculum provides the essential compliance education and training necessary for today’s healthcare compliance and legal professionals. In the absence of an academic path within universities, this programme is a unique platform for them to acquire and enhance their professional competence. The specific objectives and contents of the INSEAD Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme are as follows:
INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership I: Designing the Effective Compliance Programme
This programme provides the essential knowledge necessary to identify, assess and prioritise the compliance risks faced by a business and to design a compliance programme that will mitigate these risks. Topics covered include:
- Analysis of compliance risks
- Drivers of compliance in an organisation
- Elements of a compliance programme, and the strategic plan for the compliance programme
- How compliance officers can exert power and influence
- Oversight; policies and SOPs
- Compliance communication and training
- Leading change in the organisation
INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership II: Managing and Enhancing the Effective Compliance Programme
This programme provides the tools for the day-to-day management and decisions compliance officers are confronted with, and methods for assessing and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the compliance programme. Topics covered include:
- Third-party management
- Managing cross-border activities
- Defining fair market value & needs assessment
- Assessing the value and legitimacy of a scientific event, website reviews, and social media
- Effective decision-making processes
- Managing conflict through effective negotiation
- Testing and monitoring, anti-bribery / anti-corruption audits
- Escalation process; conducting and investigation; sanctions
- Measuring the compliance programme effectiveness
- The industrialisation of compliance: enhancing effectiveness and efficiency
INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership III: INSEAD Advanced Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme
The programme has been created to help senior compliance executives operate in the ever-changing healthcare environment by developing their strategic thinking and their ability to influence throughout their organisations. Topics covered include:
- The business perspective of compliance
- Where, and in that ways, do business strategy and compliance intersect?
- Seeing the big picture and speaking the language of senior management
- The competitive advantage of compliance
- Overview of the changing environment in which compliance officers work
- Change and the implications for the compliance officer, including increased decision-making
- Managing ambiguity
- The role of ethics in underpinning compliance
- Influence without power and authority
- Developing an understanding of persuasion skills when real authority is absent
- Cross-cultural differences and the complexities they present
Who should attend
The programme is designed to benefit :
- Participants who are new to or have been recently assigned to the compliance function
- Experienced compliance professionals who desire to update, broaden and sharpen their knowledge and skills, and exchange experiences with colleagues from other companies, countries and regions of the world
Classes for the INSEAD Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programmes are limited to a maximum of 35 participants
Participants generally come from a broad range of countries. For example, the most recent INSEAD Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme drew participants from 20 countries in Europe, Asia, Middle East and the Americas.
Organisations represented in the three most recent INSEAD Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programmes include: Actelion, Acumed, AstraZeneca, Baxter Healthcare, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Edward Lifesciences, Grünenthal, Hikma, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Roche, Pfizer, Sanofi, Takeda, UCB and Zimmer.
The diversity of participants creates a unique environment at INSEAD, and enriches participants’ learning experience.