Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
Parts I and II of the INSEAD Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme are designed to benefit :
- Participants who are new to or have been recently assigned to the compliance function
- Experienced compliance professionals who desire to update, broaden and sharpen their knowledge and skills, and exchange experiences with colleagues from other companies, countries and regions of the world
Part III, the INSEAD Advanced Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme is designed to benefit:
- Healthcare compliance officers with at least five years’ healthcare compliance experience
- Experienced participants who have attended the INSEAD Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme I and/or II and are asking: What can I do to make increase my performance in my work? Where do I want to be in five years’ time?
About the course
Since 2007, the year when INSEAD organised its first annual Healthcare Compliance Leadership Programme, the legal and regulatory environment for healthcare companies has become increasingly stringent around the globe, with the reputational, financial and organisational risks of non-compliance reaching new heights. This has raised the demand for compliance officers who command a high level of professional competence across many diverse and complex domains.
Responding to this challenge, INSEAD, together with senior compliance officers of global healthcare companies and healthcare industry professional associations, has created a comprehensive multi-modular curriculum for compliance and legal professionals working in the biopharmaceutical and medical device industries.
As part of this new curriculum, INSEAD offers three complementary modules focused on the design, management and enhancement of effective compliance programmes:
- INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership I: Designing the Effective Compliance Programme
- INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership II: Managing and Enhancing the Effective Compliance Programme
- INSEAD Advanced Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme
The comprehensive multi-modular curriculum provides the essential compliance education and training necessary for today’s healthcare compliance and legal professionals. In the absence of an academic path within universities, this programme is a unique platform for them to acquire and enhance their professional competence. The specific objectives and contents of the INSEAD Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme are as follows:
INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership I: Designing the Effective Compliance Programme
This programme provides the essential knowledge necessary to identify, assess and prioritise the compliance risks faced by a business and to design a compliance programme that will mitigate these risks. Topics covered include:
- Importance & value of effective compliance
- The evolution of the compliance programme
- Codes of conduct, policies & procedures
- Business strategy & compliance management
- The role of training & communication in an effective health care compliance programme
- Risk analysis
- The challenge of compliance in complex organisations
- Managing & leading people
- Influencing people without authority
- Leading changes without authority
- Compliance organisation
INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership II: Managing and Enhancing the Effective Compliance Programme
This programme provides the tools for the day-to-day management and decisions compliance officers are confronted with, and methods for assessing and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the compliance programme. Topics covered include:
- Ethics & compliance: handling complex ethical dilemmas
- Assessing corruption risk in the health care industry
- DPAs & CIAs
- Fair market value
- Third party due diligence & compliance management
- Decision processes under risk
- Data analytics in healthcare compliance
- Cross borders
- Auditing and monitoring
- Effective negotiation
- The evolution of compliance programmes and the role of culture
INSEAD Compliance Implementation Leadership III: INSEAD Advanced Healthcare Compliance Implementation Leadership Programme
The programme has been created to help senior compliance executives operate in the ever-changing healthcare environment by developing their strategic thinking and their ability to influence throughout their organisations. Topics covered include:
- The business perspective of compliance
- Where, and in that ways, do business strategy and compliance intersect?
- Seeing the big picture and speaking the language of senior management
- The competitive advantage of compliance
- Overview of the changing environment in which compliance officers work
- Change and the implications for the compliance officer, including increased decision-making
- Managing ambiguity
- The role of ethics in underpinning compliance
- Managing complexities in negotiations
- Thinking strategically about compliance from the business perspective
- Developing an understanding of persuasion skills when real authority is absent
- Cross-cultural differences and the complexities they present
- Understanding and leveraging informal networks
- Status, power & politics
Degrees Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Ph.D. Expertise Research and teaching on organizational leadership, DEA, health services research, performance management, health care management, 360 leadership coaching, executive education, and organization theory Profile Dr. Jon A. Chilingerian i...
Enrico Diecidue is a Professor of Decision Sciences at INSEAD. In 1996 he obtained his degree in Economics, with a specialisation in Mathematical Economics, from Bocconi University, Italy. He then joined the CentER (Center for Economic Research), Tilburg University, the Netherlands, where he rece...
Li Huang is an Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD. She holds a PhD in Management and Organisations from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University. Professor Huang's research examines how the tension between contradictory psychological forces drives and regu...
Professor N. Craig Smith has been on the INSEAD faculty for the past ten years as the INSEAD Chair in Ethics and Social Responsibility at INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France. He is also the Academic Director of the CSR & Ethics Research Group in the INSEAD Social Innovation Centre. He was previou...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.