Who should attend
Anyone interested in developing their fashion design skills, including students thinking of applying to further studies at foundation or degree level.
About the course
Beginners and intermediate fashion students are invited to join this course focussing heavily on 3D experimentation. You will learn how the most directional cutting edge designs are discovered by working directly on a dress stand. Plus, you'll explore innovative concepts using a variety of abstract research to inspire you to create experimental 3D shapes. You'll understand how inspiration can be found among a variety of sources: historical clothing references, architecture and images gathered from London streets.
- You will learn how to work instinctively and think creatively in a dynamic fashion school environment.
- You will engage with research through 3D experimentation and drawing.
- A CSM pattern cutting tutor and a sewing technician will assist you in realising your design ideas.
- The course will culminate with the creation of your final piece.
- You will also have a research book documenting all your design development.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- Certificate upon completion
Stephanie Cooper is the Pathway leader of the CSM Fashion Design and Marketing BA. Stephanie has worked on fashion design projects globally including 10 Corso Como, Milan, also workins on design and styling projects and commissions within the fashion and music industry. She is a visiting lecturer...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.