Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for executives tasked with igniting innovation within their organisations, or who seek to create innovative solutions to a major challenge.
10 years management experience on average
- C-suite and General Management Executives
- Mid-level Functional Managers
- Entrepreneurs, Owners and Founders
About the course
Master the principals of design thinking to ignite, manage and sustain innovation in your team, department or business unit.
Build a truly innovative organisation
Drive change, understand your customers’ needs and generate creative, optimal outcomes.
Good for you
- Discover why innovation is important to you and how design thinking can help you unlock your creativity.
- Define your own innovation challenge and solve it with design thinking principals.
- Move your concept forward by building the right strategy with stakeholder support.
- Use business experimentation and prototyping to turn your ideas into reality.
Good for your organisation
- Identify why innovation is important to your organisation and how design thinking can help you build a corporate culture that nurtures creativity.
- Apply programme content directly to your organisation’s context through the latest research from our world-class faculty and regular feedback from learning coaches.
- Simultaneously exploit a whole new market while protecting your current one.
- Gain a better understanding of your potential, new, and loyal customers.
Identify and overcome your challenges
Redefine your approach with the latest design thinking principals.
What you learn
Module 1 | Why innovation is important to you? You will become conversant in the why, what, and how of innovation, learning the basic principles of innovation, why it’s necessary to your success and what form it takes.
Module 2 | Identifying customers’ needs: Master the key principals of design thinking, trying out its techniques and tools to help you make it real.
Module 3 | Defining your own innovation challenge: What innovation opportunities are you considering? What battles are you fighting? Learn to frame your challenges in a way that reveals answers, not just obstacles.
Module 4 | Exploring possible futures: Begin to connect ideas to your challenge, develop new models of thinking and consider multiple perspectives.
Module 5 | How to take your concept forward: Explore prototyping your concept in an easy and low-risk way. Understand the techniques for selecting the most promising ideas and developing them further and discover how to design and run an experiment.
Module 6 | Making your ideas stick: Taking a broader perspective, you will consider the tactics needed to gain support from those inside and outside your business, while learning how to help others develop their own innovation ideas.
How you learn
- Work through each module at your own pace, selecting material relevant to your individual innovation challenge.
- Access two online webinars – one at the start of the programme and the other before completion – with Julian Birkinshaw, Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship.
- Benefit from the guidance of business experts and dedicated coaches to aid your development throughout the programme.
- Join your global peers in dynamic discussion forums and participate in surveys to track your progress.
Professor Julian Birkinshaw was ranked 46th in the 2017 Thinkers50 list of the top global management thinkers. His main area of expertise is in the strategy and organisation of large corporations, and specifically such issues as innovation, corporate entrepreneurship, strategic agility and headqu...
Mary is a strategic consultant, specialising in innovation and brands. Her independent consultancy, Innovation Kinetics, helps clients spark growth at the front end of innovation, from strategy to idea generation and concept development. She spans multiple sectors from food, healthcare and travel...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.