Innovation for Growth
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IE Business School.Full disclaimer.
Innovation for Growth explores a framework for making strategic planning more robust amidst an increasingly changing and volatile business environment. As you progress through the course, you will gain insight into the various degrees of leadership that allow innovation to be harnessed and nurtured in organizations. By understanding the challenges that businesses face today, identifying the kind of organizations that are currently providing access to the most innovative landscapes, and recognizing the new kind of intelligences that are required to succeed, this course will challenge your own understanding of the role innovation plays in a company’s growth strategy.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN IN THIS PROGRAM?
- Understand the most common and problematic challenges businesses face today.
- Gain insights to various degrees of leadership that encourage innovation.
- Recognize uncertainties and turn them into alternative futures and opportunities.
- Get greater visibility into the ways a competitive landscape can evolve.
- Craft high-level strategic option portfolios that have a better chance of yielding success.
MODULE 0: INTRODUCTION
Receive an overview of program expectations, schedule learning materials, and outputs. Review tips needed to lead to the successful completion of the course.
MODULE 1: UNDERSTANDING CRITICAL UNCERTAINTIES AND OPPORTUNITIES & INTRODUCING HUMAN-DRIVEN INNOVATION
Understand the critical uncertainties of today’s business environment and how to turn them into opportunities for organizational discovery, as well as the need to move to a human-driven innovation model.
MODULE 2: INNOVATION-DRIVEN ORGANIZATIONS AND ENTERPRISES
Identify what characterizes innovation-driven organizations and develop an effective framework to build them.
MODULE 3: LEADERSHIP INTELLIGENCE
Review the different elements of social intelligence and why each one is a necessary component for leadership in innovation.
MODULE 4: MAKING INNOVATION HAPPEN
Learn what collaboration is and how to craft it. Identify and articulate the various motivations for innovation and the important role that leaders play in this collaborative innovation initiative.
MODULE 5: DESIGN THINKING AND VUCA LEADERSHIP
Discover the concepts of Thinking by Design and Design Thinking and their connection to innovation. Analyze the role of a leader in a VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity) context.
Who should attend
- Professionals and decision-makers who lead teams and make strategic decisions that affect their organizations.
- Professionals who plan to have decision-making roles in their organization in the short-term.
- Business owners and entrepreneurs who are looking to grow and nurture the innovative culture or their organization.
- Team leaders in charge of initiating the creation of products or services (e.g. Product Development managers).
- Future leaders who have been identified and put on a talent-track.