Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Anyone involved in generating new ideas, products and/or processes.
About the course
In this program, participants will discover new ways to move their organization forward through business model innovation and design thinking – a human-centred, rapid prototyping approach that helps tap in to creative potential.
When we think of innovation, we often focus of the realm of products - shiny, larger, smaller, faster, connected products. More often, an innovation focus gives us the ability to improve processes, services, and even our business model and the way the firm behaves and competes. One significant and underappreciated barrier to innovation, however, is a perceived lack of resources, where in reality, most organizations have all the resources they need, yet those resources remain mired in complexity and unnecessary processes.
This interactive session provides managers and executives the perspective and tools necessary to identify resource-rich opportunities and free up the time, space, and funds they need to focus on what matters most. Discussions and exercises will align the team and enable the ability to see things differently.
This workshop will enable you to:
- Realize the creative potential within your group
- Align ideation and creativity to customer needs
- Identify and free up the resources necessary to support new initiatives
- Translate ideas into execution and action
- Lead effective brainstorming sessions
- Empathize to discover new customer needs
- Develop rapid prototypes to evaluate and communicate proposals
- Improved ability to lead creative brainstorming sessions
- Increased acuity for discovering customer needs
- Deliver your ideas with clarity and confidence
- Greater motivation and alignment to corporate goals and objectives
- Access to tools that can be applied throughout the workplace
- Higher employee engagement and morale
- Decreased development times thanks to rapid prototyping
- New products or services better aligned with customer needs
- A proactive, "what's next?" innovation culture
The Program covers the following curriculum:
- Introduction to Design Thinking
- Needfinding Field Research
- Focused Brainstorming
- Focused idea development through Storyboarding
- Low-cost idea refinement
- Prototyping and Presentations
- Aligning innovation with projects for successful execution
Assistant Professor and Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Operations Strategy Barry Cross is an expert and thought leader in innovation, execution and operations strategy. He joined Smith School of Business after nearly 20 years in the automotive and manufacturing sectors with Magna, Autosystems...
Associate Dean and Executive Director of Smith School of Business - Executive Education & Adjunct Associate Professor Salman Mufti is Associate Dean and Executive Director of Smith School of Business - Executive Education. He is also Associate Professor of Management Information Systems at...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.