Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for managers, executives, engineers, and entrepreneurs who need a toolkit for innovation. Participants will learn how to provide more impactful, advanced, and sustainable solutions to complex problems in the business world.
About the course
An organization’s ability to innovate – whether it's creating seamless and enjoyable customer journeys, radically new products and services, or breakthrough business models – is critical to long-term success. Innovation is about solving important, challenging problems in creative and value-creating ways. Design thinking is a practical toolkit for innovation that anyone can learn and apply. Innovating through design thinking represents a structured, human-centered method for creatively solving complex problems that inspire and delight users. In this program, you will learn the core principles and tools of design thinking and how to apply them across your organization to help it innovate and grow.
Key Benefits & Takeaways
- Discover design thinking and the types of problems it helps solve
- Develop an empathetic mindset – understanding the problem from the user’s perspective
- Generate deep insights to reframe your understanding of the problem
- Apply ideation – rapid generation and refinement of concepts for solutions
- Move from concepts to potential solutions by prototyping
- Learn to test and validate solutions through the design thinking process
Topics covered during the program
What is Design Thinking
- Core elements of design thinking
- When is design thinking useful
Problems amenable to design thinking
- Three Types of Challenges for innovation
Learning from Customers
- Insights from Extreme users
- Customer personas
Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Distribution of ideas
IDEO’s Brainstorming Rules: Seven Important Rules
- A toolkit for innovative ideas
- Generating tools and approaches for properly testing and exploring ideas before investing too many resources
The Design Thinking Process
- Evaluation criteria
- IDEO Design thinking framework
- Understand user’s POV: Immerse, Observe, Engage
- Solving the wrong problems precisely
- Seeing through new eyes
Taking Action: A Personal Plan for your Design Thinking challenge
- Finalizing your action plan to implement on the job
Jared is a Senior Consultant at Juniper, a boutique consulting firm focused on the intersection of strategy, innovation, and culture. He helps clients make data-driven decisions to achieve their goals and to work more effectively, both internally and with their customers. He has broad experience ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.