Who should attend
Managers across all functional areas will benefit.
About the course
The focus of innovation is often on Silicon Valley and the groundbreaking products and services developed there. Managers look to these firms for inspiration, yet often feel the lessons learned do not apply to their more traditional business organizations and cultures. This is not true. The frontline of business innovation is in traditional processes like accounting, procurement, customer service and call center operations.
Everyday Business Innovation looks at redesigning traditional business processes to discover opportunities to innovate ordinary work. Managers learn to research and analyze the current state, map processes and experiences, develop meaningful insights and model solutions like new workflows, products services or digital tools to improve how work is done. The emphasis is on enabling managers to immediately apply lessons learned to lead change in their organizations.
Throughout the day, the instructor will share stories from his experience leading change in Fortune 100 companies like Facebook, Johnson & Johnson, and Wells Fargo, to demonstrate how these techniques can be used to create new products and services, improve customer experience, streamline business processes and develop more effective strategic plans.
- Research through storytelling and observation
- Drawing and visually modeling work to identify pain points and opportunities
- Mapping business processes
- Redesigning work and conceptualizing new product or service solutions
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Understand basic research methods and techniques to document current-state processes and challenges
- Produce simple diagrams, drawings and models that support their thinking and communicate insights
- Methodically break down complex processes into simple, logical representations
- Think more clearly about relationships, influence, and causation
- Design future-state solutions
- Use visual represenations to effectively communicate new processes, products or services
James Moustafellos is the Managing Director and Practice Lead for Business Design at Liquidhub (a Capgemini company). In this role, he sets the vision and roadmap for the application of design to create innovative experiences and solve complex business challenges for some of the world’s leading o...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.