Who should attend
For those with a low level of technical exposure who feel the need to expand their technical skills the course offers up to date IT and computing knowledge for use in a business or organizational context. On the other hand it is also ideally suited for those with a number of year’s technical background that need to develop people and business skills—as one graduate put it: “… they could reap the benefits of the course most as they could move into consultant and project manager roles straight after completing the course.”
About the course
This course is designed as a specialist course which assists students in blending their existing talents with the technological skills and business knowledge needed to design, develop, use and manage information systems within modern organizations.
Participants gain practical knowledge of business systems analysis and design; project management; database design; applications development; business information technologies; Internet and multimedia development; and the business context of IS development and management. Specialized aspects are also covered, such as: human-computer interaction, information systems security, enterprise systems, business analytics and decision support systems, electronic commerce, and is innovation.
- Web Design and Development
- Interactive Systems Design
- Business Data Communications
- Systems Development and Project Management
- Database Systems
- Business Applications Programming
- Information Systems Management
- Enterprise Systems
- Applied Systems Analysis, Project, Information Systems Strategy and Innovation,
- Information Systems Security and Ethics,
- Decision Systems and Business Analytics and Advanced Applications Programming.
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.