This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Information security and cybersecurity are at the forefront of attention for executives and their organizations. Because the scope and nature of the digital threat landscape can range from loss of reputation to complete organizational insolvency, leaders across the organization need insight for managing information and cybersecurity risk. Many executives have no or little idea how to address these real hazards, not the least of which is how to identify critical information risk indicators within their own organization.
The focus of this course is to provide a basic understanding of information security fundamentals, what the risks associated with operating information systems are, and how to begin substantiating the risks inherent to operating information systems. The course will culminate in an introduction on making risk-informed decisions based upon the internationally recognized axioms of information security and cybersecurity.
The Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability Triad
- What it means for your systems
- How it supports both operations AND security
- Case Study: The Equifax Breach
- House/Apartment/City Model
- Paper â†” Digital Similarties
What is the difference between IT and Information/Cyber Security?
- Organizational view from an IT professional
- Organizational view from an information security professional
How does organizational compliance fit into all this?
- Industry and legal requirements
Key decisions for managing and securing your organization's risk
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Learn how to apply the key information security concepts of Confidentiality, Integrity, Accessibility to daily operations to protect organizational information
- Know the right questions to determine high risk regarding new and existing projects
- Learn how to define operational needs, incorporate security and operate safely
- Acquire tools for assessing their organizational information risk
- Calculate their need for information security professionals/staffing
- Determine budgeting for maximum security ROI
Who should attend
Executives across all fields, as well as IT, physical security, legal and healthcare leaders will find value in this program. Small business owners, investors and board members will also benefit.
Trust the experts
Benjamin Brooks, CISSP, CEIA, is a senior-level organizational leader with over 18 years-experience in the realms of leading teams, leveraging technology, and program management. An internationally recognized information security expert, he also provides subject matter and exam writing expertise ...