Who should attend
Mid to senior-level managers with a minimum of five years managing a team. Participants need to have a keen desire to develop a deep understanding of diversity.
About the course
For experienced managers looking to reflect on their leadership style and develop an inclusive, diverse and equal working culture within their organization.
In this program, participants will develop skills to manage a range of diverse perspectives, ensure equality in a range of working practices, and shape a positive and inclusive working culture. They will make progress on their organization’s life-long journey to “speak equality, do equality and drive equality.”
The program will explore several diversity components that play a part in unconscious bias as well as in creating a sense of belonging for employees. These will include: Cognitive diversity, Gender, Age, Culture, Race, and Sexual Orientation.
Your leaders will gain greater self-awareness, the ability to create trust and psychological safety in teams, to integrate diverse thinking and to become a role-model for inclusive leadership within their organization.
Learning Outcomes for Participants
At the end of this program participants will be able to:
- Understand the business benefits of diversity in a complex and evolving marketplace.
- Build self-awareness of own biases and impact on others.
- Develop skills for facilitating inclusive conversations.
- Create and record a tangible action plan for making steps to improve their organization’s culture.
Learning Outcomes for Organizations
- Participants will return to the workplace knowing how to create value, connection, collaboration and a sense of purpose
- Leaders will innovate continuously because they will be able to integrate diverse thinking to generate new ideas and solutions
Dr. Barbara Wang is a full-time professor of cross-cultural leadership, and she is the Associate Dean for China Initiatives. Barbara is an expert in Cross-cultural Leadership & Management and Executive Coaching. She has designed and delivered leadership development programmes and coaching for...
Debbie Bayntun-Lees joined Ashridge in November 2014 after 15 years as an Organisational Consultant, coach & facilitator and Director of Connecting for Change Ltd. She specialises in senior leadership development and cultural change utilising a range of theoretical perspectives, experiential ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.