About the course
This course is designed for physician leaders who want to be more effective communicators. That starts by learning the types of communication. It involves using feedback to focus on goals and handle conflict. And it ends when physician leaders are able to optimize their communication tools to improve patient care.
- Effective methods of communication
- Barriers to communication and their impact on performance, quality, and safety
- Feedback, as it relates to improved performance
- Identify effective methods of communication for physician leadership.
- Recognize the barriers to communication and their impact on performance, quality and safety.
- Display examples of feedback as it relates to improved performance.
- Explain the foundational concepts for managing conflict in the workplace.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.