Implementing Windows SharePoint Services
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to successfully implement Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) version 3.0 in their organizations. It emphasizes that students should think about the architecture of their entire environment, including business and application needs, during the planning and deployment phases. The course covers how to perform a clean installation of WSS 3.0 and also describes all the prerequisites required to select the most appropriate method for upgrading WSS from 2.0 to 3.0 in a specific scenario. In addition, the course focuses on how to manage WSS after it is configured.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 platform helps address collaboration challenges.
- Plan the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 environment.
- Install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Identify the most appropriate method to upgrade Windows SharePoint Services from 2.0 to 3.0 in a given scenario.
- Manage Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
Introduction to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Platforms
This module explains how the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 platform helps address collaboration challenges.
- Overview of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Collaboration Technologies Offered by Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
This module explains how to plan the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 installation environment.
- Determining Organizational and User Needs
- Planning Site Creation, Maintenance, and Security
- Planning Server Requirements and Topologies
Installing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
This module explains how to install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Performing a Clean Installation of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Installing and Configuring the Central Administration Site
- Creating and Configuring Sites
Upgrading from Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 to 3.0
This module explains how to identify the most appropriate method to upgrade Windows SharePoint Services from 2.0 to 3.0 in a given scenario.
- Planning for an Upgrade of Windows SharePoint Services
- Preparing to Perform an Upgrade
Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
This module explains how to manage Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Managing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Sites
- Managing the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Server
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the planning, design, and selection of Line of Business (LOB) applications, including Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), in conjunction with internal business customers. Their primary responsibility is the deployment, customization, management, and support of LOB applications. They routinely monitor application status and troubleshoot application problems. The audience is expected to have at least two years of experience in implementing, managing, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003, including Internet Information Services (IIS).