This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Skilled workers are the backbone of a productive and efficient economy, and a critical factor in today’s business decisions. This versatile course explains the essential relationship between economic and workforce development through case studies, practical examples, and current research. You will learn what programs currently leverage federal, state and provincial, and local financial resources to support workforce development. In addition, discover what you can do to build the workforce pipeline and upgrade the skills of your community's existing workforce through collaborative programs. The course also will cover the emerging demand-driven model in workforce development, sector strategies for targeted industry clusters, K-12 development and integration, occupational analysis, talent attraction, and more.
What You Will Learn
- The workforce pipeline development and enhancement
- Sector strategies
- K-12 development and integration
- Occupational analyis
- Talent attraction
How You Will Benefit
- Discuss the core components of the workforce development system and its essential role in economic development.
- Understand occupational data analysis.
- Assess qualifications, skills, and abilities of the current workforce.
- Identify ways to recruit and retain a skilled labor force.
- Learn the role that higher education plays in workforce development.
- Discuss how to integrate workforce development into new alliances, new models, federal funding, and best practices in regional and local initiatives.
Who should attend
This course is designed for economic develop specialists, economic development managers, executive directors, economic development directors, project managers, and business outreach managers.
Trust the experts
Leigh is a project manager with Startup Ecosystems group at Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI²). Prior to joining Georgia Tech, Leigh worked in private consulting on planning and community development projects and in the public sector as a senior urban planner for the City of Atl...