Iedc Real Estate Development and Reuse
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
This course clearly articulates the eight stage process for real estate development and reuse. Specifically, course participants will learn the fundamentals of market and site analysis, financial feasibility, and what political considerations are required to move a development project from conception to realization. Additionally, this course will cover a wide variety of financing tools that are available at the local, regional, and state levels, including tax increment financing, bond financing, tax credits, tax abatements, land assembly, and brownfield redevelopment. Multiple in-class case studies will be used to help participants work through actual financial and regulatory problems.
What You Will Learn
- The fundamentals of market and site analysis.
- Financial feasibility.
- Political considerations required to move a development project from conception to realization.
How You Will Benefit
- Discuss housing, retail, office, industrial, hotel, and mixed-use development.
- Learn the regulatory and approval process, including zoning and permitting.
- Assess community involvement and political feasibility.
- Discover public, private, and nonprofit financial modeling.
- Understand the pro-forma operating statement structure.
- Review property valuation and capitalization rates.
- Discuss the brownfield redevelopment phase structure and liability.
- Learn how to make requests for qualification and proposal process.
- Overview of real estate development and reuse
- Market and site analysis
- Regulatory and approval process
- Financial feasibility
- Political feasibility and community involvement
- Federal and local financing
- Interactive case study
- Local tools for development
- Brownfields redevelopment
- Developer solicitation, selection and agreements
Who should attend
This course is designed for economic developers who want to learn market and site analysis.