Who should attend
This course is designed for economic development directors or managers, executive directors of economic development, CEOs or presidents of community organizations, economic development deputies, specialists, or coordinators.
About the course
This advanced course focuses on the key principles and practices of professional management in economic development. Grow your skills in engaging your board or council, staff and community stakeholders, constituents, and customers to achieve results in job creation, tax-base stabilization, and community growth and development. Since economic development organizations (EDOs) differ from one another depending on their available resources, location, and mission, this course is designed to equip a leader of any organization to make the right decisions.
What You Will Learn
- Excellence in economic development
- Managing results fundamentals
- Outcome-based performance
- Organizational assessment
- Stakeholder identification
- Vision and mission scope
- Organizational culture
How You Will Benefit
- Review techniques in outcome-based management and performance.
- Manage conflict and develop a statement of ethics.
- Understand and evaluate economic development organization's core competencies.
- Learn how to serve the customer and measure customer satisfaction.
- Improve knowledge of management and internal processes.
- Work with board/city council members, staff, and community stakeholders.
- Gain an understanding of team building, determining hiring needs, and managing budgets.
- Learn how to leverage existing resources and work with regional organizations.
Alan Durham serves as a Project Manager with Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI²) in the Center for Economic Development Research (CEDR). Prior to joining CEDR, Alan worked as an Economic Development Director with city and county governments to accomplish economic development and ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.