Iedc Managing Economic Development Organizations (edos)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
This advanced course focuses on the key principles and practices of professional management in economic development. Grow your skills in engaging your board or council, staff and community stakeholders, constituents, and customers to achieve results in job creation, tax-base stabilization, and community growth and development. Since economic development organizations (EDOs) differ from one another depending on their available resources, location, and mission, this course is designed to equip a leader of any organization to make the right decisions.
What You Will Learn
- Excellence in economic development
- Managing results fundamentals
- Outcome-based performance
- Organizational assessment
- Stakeholder identification
- Vision and mission scope
- Organizational culture
How You Will Benefit
- Review techniques in outcome-based management and performance.
- Manage conflict and develop a statement of ethics.
- Understand and evaluate economic development organization's core competencies.
- Learn how to serve the customer and measure customer satisfaction.
- Improve knowledge of management and internal processes.
- Work with board/city council members, staff, and community stakeholders.
- Gain an understanding of team building, determining hiring needs, and managing budgets.
- Learn how to leverage existing resources and work with regional organizations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for economic development directors or managers, executive directors of economic development, CEOs or presidents of community organizations, economic development deputies, specialists, or coordinators.