Iedc Economic Development Marketing and Attraction
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Businesses looking to locate or expand need accurate, up-to-date, and credible information, and communities require rock-solid marketing techniques to reach the needs of the business community. This hands-on course will review the fundamentals of developing and implementing a high-impact marketing and attraction plan. You will learn how to craft your community's message by learning about online marketing fundamentals, Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies, website design, and current trends in site selection. You will also explore various mediums of communication, including how to best utilize social media and web 2.0 technologies as an economic-development marketing tool. Case studies and sample plans will highlight the dos and don'ts of economic-development marketing and attraction. You can also share your community marketing materials for in-class critique.
What You Will Learn
- Site selection fundamentals.
- Identifying target audiences using data-driven techniques.
- Community marketing plans and brands.
- Internal and external support for the marketing campaign.
- Social media and website design targeting.
- GIS utilization.
- Benchmarking, evaluating, and monitoring the marketing plan.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the product and market.
- Identify target audiences.
- Market internally.
- Develop a brand.
- Understand internet marketing strategies.
- Work with site selectors.
- Site selection fundamentals, including corporate strategies
- Identifying target audiences using data-driven techniques
- Developing a community marketing plan and brand
- Garnering internal and external support for the marketing campaign
- Engaging social media and website design to target new markets
- Utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to serve clients
- Benchmarking, evaluating and monitoring the marketing plan
Who should attend
This course is designed for economic developers who handle marketing plans.