Iedc Economic Development Finance
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
The core objective of this analytical course is to explain the financial tools used to stimulate private-sector investment. You will discover ways to produce results in the creation of permanent, private-sector jobs, increased productivity, and improvement in the local tax base. This course meets the professional development elective requirements for the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) exam.
What You Will Learn
- Current debt
- Incentive-based financing programs
- Debt and service ratios calculation
- Cash-on-cash rate of return
- Capitalization rates
- How to underwrite ratios
- Debt-coverage ratios
How You Will Benefit
- Learn financial tools used to identify project feasibility.
- Understand how potential investors measure return on investment (ROI) and how lenders evaluate risk.
- Work through multiple case studies in order to solidify your knowledge of the finance programs.
Who should attend
This course is designed for economic development professionals pursuing their Certified Economic Developer Accreditation, accredited Certified Economic Developers, or planners accredited through the American Institute of Certified Planners who are seeking continuing-education units.