Human Resources Essentials
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with eCornell.Full disclaimer.
Human resources is a broad topic that touches on many facets of any organization. But there are some core concepts that all HR practitioners should know. This certificate in Human Resources Essentials will discuss those concepts and give you the set of skills you need to get started. Whether you are new to HR, perform the HR function in addition to other roles, or need to have an understanding of the HR role, this certificate will give you a strong foundation to make a difference in your organization.
Developed by Cornell University professors, the six courses in this certificate will equip you with a variety of skills—from understanding how to hire the right team, learning how to communicate effectively and knowing how to handle any workplace issues that may arise—all of which will help you succeed in your role.
- Aligning Employee Performance with Organizational Goals
- Countering Bias in the Workplace for HR
- Fostering a Coaching Culture
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Effective Hiring and Interviewing
- Addressing Workplace Behavior Issues
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Train managers to deliver effective performance feedback, rate employees accurately, and mitigate legal risk
- Critically assess whether the organizational and HR practices in place are likely to exacerbate or reduce the negative outcomes associated with unconscious bias
- Familiarize yourself with the employee development landscape at your organization
- Diagnose the root causes of a situation and determine who in the organization will be the primary focus of an intervention
- Assemble the different dimensions of interpersonal communication and apply them to difficult conversations
- Determine current workforce needs with an eye to future changes and skills that might be needed
- Develop a hiring plan that maximizes your likelihood of a good hire and communicate effectively with job candidates
- Create a workplace atmosphere that reduces the occurrence of behavior issues and resolve issues as they arise
WHAT YOU'LL EARN
- Human Resources Essentials Certificate from Cornell ILR School
- 48 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
- 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs) toward PMI recertification
- 42 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification