Who should attend
- Experienced HR Professionals desiring an exam preparation course for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exams
- HR professionals wanting to enhance their education or to update their HR knowledge
This program is not a substitute for a general course of HR study.
Topics covered are intended for review by experienced HR professionals.
About the course
Are you committed to earning the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification? Let our team of experts help you get there.
As the only SHRM University partner in the Triangle area, our course utilizes both SHRM Certified instructors who are currently working in the industry and the official SHRM certification prep tool: the 2021 SHRM Learning System.
Your journey toward SHRM certification can now be done 100% online.
Like many HR professionals worldwide, you’re likely adjusting to new routines, schedules and working situations to accommodate global health concerns. We understand how challenging that can be navigate and want to let you know we’re here to help.
It’s more important than ever to take a step back and refocus on your personal well-being and goals. And if one of your goals includes continued HR advancement, our fully online course can help you get there. You’ll get all the benefits of an in-person classroom experience with live instruction from a certified instructor, as well as interaction and discussions with fellow HR professionals, but in the comfort of your own home.
Why choose the Duke HR Management preparation program?
- Only SHRM recognized preferred provider in the Triangle to offer SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam preparation program
- Taught by certified instructors and industry practitioners, who provide a structured learning experience and support
- Experienced in offering Human Resource exam preparation programs for over a decade
- Provides 18 months of online access to practice exercises/tests from program start date
- Conveniently offered in a weeknight evening format
- Awards a certificate of completion from Duke University
- Network and collaborate with peers to share real-life examples and bring HR knowledge and competencies to life.
Curriculum & Course Details
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes four modules covering the comprehensive SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) so students learn everything they need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- HR Strategic Planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Engagement & Retention
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workplace Management
- Employee & Labor Relations
- Technology Management
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.