HR in Practice
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
Build your knowledge and understanding of a range of core HR activities underpinning effective HR practice, with this two day course.
By the end of the HR in Practice course, you'll be able to:
- review the contribution of good HR practice in achieving company objectives
- apply key principles and practices involved in recruitment and selection and employment law
- improve your overall performance and personal effectiveness in handling a range of HR issues.
- The changing role and scope of HR
- how HR can add value
- organisational objectives to policies, procedures and practice
- the UK legal context
- the contract of employment
- UK discrimination law
- how to avoid discrimination in the workplace
- Recruitment and selection
- a systematic approach
- selection methods
- Performance management
- definitions and purpose
- managing different types of performance
- Dismissal, varying contracts, redundancy
- Managing underperformance
- keeping employees loyal and motivated
- employee commitment.
Who should attend
Particularly beneficial if you’re new to HR; or have no formal HR training, or you’re contemplating a career move to HR. If time is a pressing factor for you, and you’re in need of a good overview of HR, this is the right course for you.