HR in Practice
Build your knowledge and understanding of a range of core HR activities underpinning effective HR practice, with this two day course.
By the end of the HR in Practice course, you'll be able to:
- review the contribution of good HR practice in achieving company objectives
- apply key principles and practices involved in recruitment and selection and employment law
- improve your overall performance and personal effectiveness in handling a range of HR issues.
- The changing role and scope of HR
- how HR can add value
- organisational objectives to policies, procedures and practice
- the UK legal context
- the contract of employment
- UK discrimination law
- how to avoid discrimination in the workplace
- Recruitment and selection
- a systematic approach
- selection methods
- Performance management
- definitions and purpose
- managing different types of performance
- Dismissal, varying contracts, redundancy
- Managing underperformance
- keeping employees loyal and motivated
- employee commitment.
Who should attend
Particularly beneficial if you’re new to HR; or have no formal HR training, or you’re contemplating a career move to HR. If time is a pressing factor for you, and you’re in need of a good overview of HR, this is the right course for you.