Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Build your knowledge and understanding of a range of core HR activities underpinning effective HR practice, with this two day course.
This crucial HR in Practice course provides an excellent overview of human resources in practice. Its participative nature makes this an ideal opportunity for you to explore and exchange ideas and information with other participants.
By the end of the HR in Practice course, you'll be able to:
- review the contribution of good HR practice in achieving company objectives
- apply key principles and practices involved in recruitment and selection and employment law
- improve your overall performance and personal effectiveness in handling a range of HR issues.
- The changing role and scope of HR
- how HR can add value
- organisational objectives to policies, procedures and practice
- the UK legal context
- the contract of employment
- UK discrimination law
- how to avoid discrimination in the workplace
- Recruitment and selection
- a systematic approach
- selection methods
- Performance management
- definitions and purpose
- managing different types of performance
- Dismissal, varying contracts, redundancy
- Managing underperformance
- keeping employees loyal and motivated
- employee commitment.
Who should attend
Particularly beneficial if you’re new to HR; or have no formal HR training, or you’re contemplating a career move to HR. If time is a pressing factor for you, and you’re in need of a good overview of HR, this is the right course for you.
Trust the experts
Philippa has a wealth of consultancy experience both in the private and not-for-profit sectors. She specialises in HR specifically carrying out HR audits; return on investment (ROI) of, for example, the training function; employment law issues including reviewing contracts, policies and procedure...
Experience HR consultant/trainer Company Name HR without Fuss Ltd Dates EmployedMay 2011 – Present Employment Duration8 yrs 2 mos Almost 8 years after starting the business I have a great list of clients working in a diverse range of sectors, where I offer outsourced HR : several charities; ...