Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
HR professionals must use data to inform decision-making and to make strategic business recommendations. You will gain an understanding of why and how analytics are used in HR, learn and apply an Analytics Process Model, and, using Microsoft Excel®, derive the most relevant data and techniques for organizing, analyzing, and presenting that data.
- Identify each phase of the HR Analytics Process Model (APM) and its purpose
- Describe best practices using HR analytics to support data-driven decision making
- Identify HR benchmarks and metrics relevant to agency mission and goals
- Analyze workforce and talent data using Excel® to identify trends and other actionable performance information
- Give a short briefing to present analysis results
HR Analytics and the Analytics Process Model
- Exercise: How Do We Make Decisions?
- Overview of HR Analytics
- Exercise: Decision Making Process
- The Analytics Process Model (APM) and Its Phases
- HR Analytics in the Workplace and the Human Capital Framework
- Human Resource's Value Proposition
- Exercise: Demonstrating the Analytics Process Model
Excel® Quantitative Techniques
- Key Systems of Record for HR Data
- Software Tools
- Metrics, Benchmarks, and Other Indicators
- Using Excel® for HR Analytics
- Excel Visualization
- Excel Analytic Techniques
HR Regulations and Reporting Requirements
- HR Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Key Regulations and Reporting Requirements
- Connecting Missions or Goals to HR Benchmarks and Metrics
Effectively Presenting HR Data
- Assessing Your Audience
- Crafting the Message
- Effectively Presenting HR Data
Who should attend
This is an intermediate level course is designed for managers, HR generalists, specialists, and other professionals who need to inform decisions using HR data. Participants are expected to have foundational knowledge in the field and experience with Excel®.